New media campaign against Cuba is denounced.

Cubaminrex, Havana, March 19, 2021. The Director of Communication and Image of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cuba, Yaira Jiménez Roig, offered at noon today Friday an information on the events that occurred on the eve, when five Cuban citizens came to the headquarters of the Chancellery "with the supposed interest of transferring their concern about a Cuban citizen who wished to travel to Cuba".

"The real purpose was revealed minutes later after being cared for, when several of them, right on the Minrex grounds, made direct with the aim of fueling a media campaign that had been being formulated for a few hours," said the operation of the Cuban Chancellery.

Jiménez Roig explained "how a media show is mounted, and an incident is fabricated that goes through the use of social networks, moves to public space, misrepresents and exaggerates, with the aim of generating manipulated distortions of reality". He stated that on this occasion they are using a Cuban émigré, Karla Pérez, "directly linked to these plans". "What happened yesterday was not a legitimate claim. It is a political and communicative operation that disqualifies and delegitimates its actors and protagonists," he added.

Faced with questions from the press, he said that "this Cuban emigrated citizen, with several years out of the country, are known the close ties with her mentor Eliécer Avila and others. She's an instrument. This is not the first time they have used such handling and tactics for out-of-law and destabilizing actions against Cuba."

"It was no coincidence," he added, "his stay in Costa Rica where there are elements and groups, including a Congressman who has relations with violent Miami groups."

Asked what Minrex's position is in the face of statements by various media outlets saying that this citizen was not allowed to enter Cuba, the director noted: "In Cuba there are, as in all countries, immigration laws that establish regulations within the legal framework and govern the action of immigration authorities. We have the same right as any other country to defend ourselves."

On the context of this event, Jiménez Roig explained that it has a spearhead: an anti-Cuban digital publication funded by the U.S. government, ADN Cuba, based on federal funds. In the first quarter of 2020 alone," he reported, did they receive $400,000 from Donald Trump's administration as part of the subversion strategy against Cuba.

This publication began to talk about it two hours before citizens performed at the Chancellery. From 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., approximately, CUBA DNA had already generated 15 notes, live information and videos. Between publication and publication, other operators were reportedly assembled. For example, Congresswoman María Elvira Salazar and Luis Manuel Otero Alcántara, "who, with vulgar and completely threatening language, also articulated with Cuba DNA publications".

"This plan is directly associated with other individuals who are part of the U.S. government's subversion scheme against Cuba, such as Alex Otaola, Eliécer Avila and Maykel Osorbo, who have publicly staged disinformation campaigns against our country, who advocate economic certainness against our people and who have even called for an armed invasion against Cuba."

As Jiménez Roig went on to explain, "other pseudo-organizations such as the New York-based Committee for the Protection of Journalists (CPJ) were subsequently linked to new threats and warnings to our chancellery, which is unacceptable." The director stated that all this happened before those guys were taken care of at the chancellery. "Before, this whole operation was underway, which was a media show. At 3:50 p.m., it was that the first transmission of Cuba DNA began from the Minrex."

"It was more important to release to the networks their own version of the facts before being taken care of and receiving a response. They are at the service of a foreign government, complicit in the economic war against Cuba and the more aggressive actions of the U.S. government against our people. This is another phase of the soft hit against our country."

The Director of Communication assured that the Minrex "receives, attends, responds daily to letters, requests, emails, messages on all platforms and social networks. What happened yesterday was not a legitimate claim," he added, "our ministries are not media platformers."

Categoría
Eventos
RSS Minrex